How To Apply (M.A.T.)
Applicants to the master’s degree in Teaching Chinese should have a GPA of at least 3.0. International students for whom English is a foreign language will need TOEFL or IELTS scores demonstrating English proficiency.
The deadline for Fall admission is: May 1.
The deadline for Spring admission is: November 1.
The deadline for Summer admission is: May 1.
Applications may be submitted online at the following address:
Please note that all application materials must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions at the online address above, not to the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures.
Application materials include:
- A completed Rutgers University Graduate Admission Application form
- A complete set of official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement (2 pages maximum)
- Application fee
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (for international applicants)
- Minimum of three years training in Mandarin Chinese