- Last Updated: 01 March 2017
Online Korean Placement Test
You will have 2 hours to complete the Korean Placement Test. Read the instructions below for information on how to access and complete the exam.
**Please access the test using Safari, Mozilla, Chrome. It will not work with Internet Explorer.**
- Log into Sakai using your Rutgers NetID.
- In the left panel, click "Membership."
- On top, click "Joinable Sites." A list of joinable sites will open.
- In the search box on the top right, type "Korean Placement Test" and click "Search."
- Click "Join" under "Korean Placement Test." A confirmation appears: "You are now a participant of the Korean Placement Test."
- Click "Home." The "Korean Placement Test" Sakai site will appear among the course sites. (Click "More Sites" if it is not visible.)
- Click on "Korean Placement Test" on the top of the Sakai web page.
- Before you begin the test, be sure you know how to add and use a Korean language keyboard.
- In the left panel, click "Tests & Quizzes."
- Click on the blue link, "Korean Placement Test."
- Complete the test following the instructions.
- At the end, click "Submit for Grading." Your scores will be sent to the department.
Adding & Using a Korean Language Keyboard
Mac - newer version (OS X Yosemite)
- Open System Preferences from the menu.
- Click on "Keyboard" and make sure that the box "Show Keyboard & Character Viewers in menu bar" is selected.
- Click the "Input Sources" tab in the window and click the plus sign at the bottom of the white box on the left.
- Select "Korean" and click "Add." ('2-set' is the most commonly used input style)
- To change the language from English to Korean, click the flag in the top right corner of your screen and select Korean. To view the virtual keyboard, click "Show Keyboard Viewer."
Mac - older versions
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of the menu bar, click on "System Preferences."
- Open "Language and Text."
- Select "Input Sources."
- Check off the box called "Korean." ('2-set' is the most commonly used input style)
- Click on Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Turn on the Virtual Keyboard.
- Open the "Keyboard and Text Input" menu on the left hand side of the window.
- Activate shortcut keys to switch between languages (optional).
- To change the language from English to Korean, click the flag on the top right corner of your screen to select Korean.
- Activate the Virtual Keyboard by clicking "Show Keyboard Viewer."
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Change keyboard or other input methods.
- Click on "Change Keyboards."
- Click the "Add" button on the right.
- Scroll down to and check off the box for "Korean." 1.('2-set' is the most commonly used input style)
- Click "Okay" on each window to close the Control Panel.
- To switch to the Korean language, look at the bottom of the right corner of your screen (near the time). There will be "EN" for English. Click "EN" to select "KO" for Korean.
- To open the on-screen keyboard, click "Start." Type "On Screen Keyboard" into the search bar and it should appear in the "Programs" results.