Applicants to the master’s degree in East Asian Languages and Cultures should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and solid verbal and reading scores on the GRE exams.
International students for whom English is a foreign language will need TOEFL or IELTS scores demonstrating English proficiency.
The deadline for Fall admission is: May 1.
The deadline for Spring admission is: November 1.
Applications may be submitted online at the following address:
Please note that all application materials must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions at the online address above, not to the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures.
Application materials include:
- A completed Rutgers University Graduate Admission Application form
- A complete set of official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities
- GRE scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal statement (2 pages maximum)
- A writing sample (15-20 pages)
- Application fee
For more information, please contact:
Patricia Badillo Salas
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures